Sunday, February 7, 2010

Capital Vocabulary

I'm kind of growing tired of the media. It all seems scrutinized too much these days. One person says one thing and people jump all over them. Rahm Emmanuel made a comment a few months back saying that something was "retarded". Sarah Palin called for him to be fired for using the comment. But when Rush Limbaugh used the term, he said it "satirically".

I'm not a fan of the comment, even though I may have said it a few times. I do happen to be a fan of some of Sarah Palin's views although there are plethoras of people that strongly dislike her. I believe it was very hypocritical of her to attack one man for saying it (a democrat) and then defend another man who used it (conservative). I believe that this will hurt Ms. Palin and it actually undermines her credibility as a person.

Let me be clear - Not defending Emmanuel. "Retard" has become a part of a lot of people's vocabulary. I'm not justifying his or anybody's use. Just saying if you are going to attack something, then you must be consistent in attacking it. I find it shocking that Sarah Palin, someone who I though could be a "Washington Outsider" could really sink down to the level of some of the unsavory characters in the Capital.

No comments:

Post a Comment