Sunday, January 31, 2010

State of Being

This week, President Obama gave his State of the Union address. I'm going to be honest. I watched only about half. I was then fed up with the clear half-truths and double standards that are held by this administration. I retreated to my own world to play Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, in both there are very few lies.

One of the main things that he asked for was a jobs bill to be on his desk soon. This is easier said than done. With Health-Care reform flying through the air, I don't see how one can just drop it to take on something else. To create a job bill, Democrats and Republicans will have to unite to formulate one. I do not see this happening in the near future.

Also, Mr. Obama met with the GOP of the House to discuss policy this weekend. It started out nice and then Republicans started asking tough questions. He mentioned at the beginning that he wanted opposition and then later Mr. Obama accuses the GOP of being "obstructionists", plotting on blocking every move.

That's all for now. I'm off to Poshley Heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment